- Written by Cynthia Presser
This pasta tastes like the ocean with a touch of freshness from lemon juice and dill; and it takes only 15 minutes from start to finish!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped into ½-inch rings, ends trimmed
- ½ cup spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup brandy
- 5 ounces large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 5 ounces bay scallops
- 5 ounces calamari, cut into ½-inch rings
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons dill, roughly chopped
- 12 ounces Fettucini, cooked al dente
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and add garlic, asparagus and spinach. Cook on high heat stirring constantly until asparagus are cooked, but firm to bite, 4 minutes. Add brandy and deglaze skillet. Add shrimp, bay scallops and calamari. Cook stirring constantly until shrimp turns pink and starts to curl, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and fold in lemon juice, butter, crème fraiche and dill. Add to cooked fettucini and serve immediately with a glass of Pinot Grigio.
This pasta is incredibly easy and quick to make. Perfect dinner entrée for an evening gathering with friends by the beach.
Pappardelle can be used as a substitute for fettucini.