- Written by Cynthia Presser
This is a very healthy dish. Tastes great and it's good for you. It can't get any better then that!
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 to 8 oz each) seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup peeled and chopped ginger
- 2 garlic gloves, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro
- ½ cup green onions
- ½ cup brown sugar, plus 2 more tablespoons for the salsa
- ¼ cup dark sesame oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- ¾ cup diced mango
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup fresh mint, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 orange
Salmon - Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a baking pan with canola oil and set the salmon fillets in the pan with the skin side down. Bake it for 15 to 17 minutes, or until it easily flakes with a fork.
Sauce - In the meantime, with the help of a food processor, puree the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cilantro, green onions, ½ cup brown sugar, sesame oil, honey, water, and hot sauce. Set aside.
Salsa - In a large bowl, gently mix the mango, jalapenos, onion, mint, lime juice, orange juice, and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Set aside.
Set the salmon in individual plates. Top it with some of the sauce, drizzle with some honey, and finish with 2 tablespoon of the salsa on top of each salmon fillet. Serve it with brown jasmine rice on the side.
In my opinion, the best wine option for this dish is a syrah.
Well, this dish has a big list of notes…
- The sauce is also great with chicken, pork, and other kinds of fish. I tried the recipe with tilapia once and it was great. The ingredients in this recipe make about 3 cups, but I always make extra and have it ready in my fridge so I can use it as marinade;
- You can grill your salmon instead of baking it. I think it’s even more delicious that way;
- I have passed down this recipe to so many people and not a single person said that it was good. They always said it was FANTASTIC, AMAZING, or KILLER!!! I hope you enjoy it too!
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 21.1 g
Cholesterol 120.7 mg
Sodium 2,613.7 mg
Potassium 1,360.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 47.0 g