- Written by Cynthia Presser
This is a perfect recipe for easy entertaining! It can be assembled the day before and kept in the fridge until it goes in the oven. Everyone will love it!
Makes 24 units
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, casing removed
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 24 large white mushrooms (about 1 ½ pound) stemmed
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a medium mixing bowl stir the sausage, pine nuts, Panko bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan, egg, milk, scallions, parsley, basil, salt and pepper until everything is well incorporated.
Drizzle a large baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, to coat. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheet, cavity side up. Drizzle remaining oil over the filling of each mushroom. Bake until the sausage in cooked through and the mushrooms are tender about 30-35 minutes. Serve it immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 9.3 g
Cholesterol 24.5 mg
Sodium 149.6 mg
Potassium 131.2 mg
Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 4.0 g