- Written by Cynthia Presser
The "Brazilian Pesto" is an easy way to add a Brazilian twist to meals.I added to the sauce of this salmon recipe (picture above) and the result was wonderful!
Makes 1 ½ cup
- 1 cup scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons red palm oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
In a food processor, add the scallions, cilantro, cashews, red palm oil, and salt. Turn on food processor and slowly add canola oil. Process until all incorporated, 40 seconds. Warm it before serving.
The “Brazilian Pesto” adds a great traditional twist to many different recipes. Serving suggestions:
- Toss with warm pasta and shrimp for an Italian-Brazilian meal;
- Add one tablespoon to Pastel filling;
- Marinade chicken or fish before baking or grilling;
- Add to other sauces for a twist in flavor (it goes very well with white sauce.) Also see "Salmon with Brazilian-Thai Sauce" recipe for another delicious and easy idea!
The “Brazilian Pesto” can be refrigerated up to one week and it must be warmed up before it is served for best flavor.